Thursday, May 03, 2007

In Medias Res #22-Closing up Shop

So I have been ‘cleaning’ out my desk all this week. That project will go well into next week, after my contract has ended because I failed to realize the massive undertaking that entailed. Sometime next week I’m hoping to get out to the new job and look for apartments. I still have not gotten an offer letter, but friends who took jobs before mine also haven’t received anything. So I guess I shouldn’t be worried about that? (I am anyways. It’s inevitable).

My parents come in tomorrow for graduation (which means I have a lot more cleaning to do between now and then). They will be here for most of the weekend, and then my next big responsibility is to close up shop. I have to somehow get myself from here to there with minimal pain. Already I am debating back and forth in my head over whether I want to keep things, sell them, be done with them or start over?

I would be interested in hearing what people did in preparation for the first job. Right now the start date seems far off, but in reality it is only a couple of weeks away. I really should build some time between then and now for me to relax. For me to sit down and just feel some pride in a job well done. Not only have I secured my self a position, but I’ve also got a masters degree! Well, almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home